- Read the passage below and write it using the TIME RELATORS and TIME INDICATORS.
- Grammar is given less priority.
- The passage should be presentable.
- Word appropriateness is emphasized.
- Last date for submission: 7th January 2016
- click this link to answer answer form
On 16 November 2015 the bay of Bengal had low pressure and rained heavily. It affects the areas of Chennai. The worst happened on 2nd December when heavy rains slashed Chennai many lakes and reservoirs were filled. They were breached the water gushed through the living quarters and houses began to submerge. It was a new experience, as Chennai haven’t experienced this. The youth volunteers came to rescue them.
Start the paragraph with 2nd december use the below given time indicators/time relators to show the sequence.
- At that time
- In those days
2.At the same time as
3. Time after:
- After a while
Communication Skills – Personality Development Skills
Email Etiquettes Training
Continue reading Communication Etiquettes
- Conspiracy is a very common form of political behavior.
- The pros and cons of having a credit card.
- A chain gang is a modern form of slavery.
- Why drinking and driving is dangerous to yourself and others.
- Passive smoking is equally harmful.
- The economic boycott causes most of the problems in Cuba.
- International trade barriers work.
- City curfews help to prevent juvenile crime and to protect youth from victimization.
- The U.N. is mainly based on diplomacy and enhancing relationships.
- Affirmative action draws people to work they never considered before.
- Sustainable urban living without the use of excessive natural resources must be our future.
Continue reading GD topics
1. Identify the vowel sounds:
- Shall we sit on the seat?
- It’s ham and eggs.
- Did you fall into the pool, Pearl?
- I don’t enjoy painting with oil.
- It is over the mountain along a very narrow road
- It is south of the town
- I saw a beggar having a dollar
- It is in the center of the building
Continue reading Question Bank – final
SPRING BOARD TO SUCCESS
- IDENTIFICATION OF VOWELS
PG-3, ACTIVITY-3; PG-4; ACTIVITY-5; PG-5, ACTIVITY-7, 9.
- WORD STRESS
PG-8, ACTIVITY-1; PG-15, ACTIVITY-3; PG-12, ACTIVITY-5.
- STRONG AND WEAK FORMS
Continue reading 1st Year BCA & B.SC Grammar
“Written in Early Spring”-William Wordsworth
- What are Nature’s “fair works”? Describe Nature’s “fair works” as seen by William Wordsworth in “Written is Early Spring.”
- “I heard a thousand blended notes/ While in a grove I sat reclined.” Where is the speaker? What does he hear? What is his mood in the first stanza?
- How does Wordsworth show the contrast between human beings and the other creations of God/Nature?
- What is Nature’s holy plan? Why does the poet lament/grieve?
- What grieved the heart of Wordsworth?
Continue reading Question Bank – First year
Introduce or eliminate punctuation marks in the following sentences. Write “no error” if the punctuation used is correct.